With 40 + years of shoe fitting experience, now is a good time to share with you some tips for proper shoe fit. As a hands-on owner, experience says these tips are invaluable.
How to tie your or buckle your shoes
- Often, when new shoes are presented in their factory boxes, they are “dressed’ much like a home staging: laced to be pretty, as if on display. For a proper fit, the shoes should be laced so that both ends of the laces match up in length, after tightening. Shoes that are not laced up or buckled properly will not provide a proper fit.
- Often shoes that are properly sized are improperly laced or buckled. This can cause heel slippage & other possible concerns. The customer will wind up disappointed.
Tricks of the trade when fitting shoes
When you try on a shoe for the first time, they may not fit perfectly. Issues such as
- slippage at the heel,
- rubbing on the ankle bone
- toes going forward ( in Latin ballroom shoes )
- tightness across the instep
are all common concerns that can impede a correct and comfortable fit when buying shoes.
Fortunately, a good reliable brick and mortar store such as Teddy Shoes, with 64 years of experience, can make the proper adjustments with the help of:
- heel pads
- tongue or halter pads
- bunion and shoe stretchers.
These shoe fitting aides can enhance the proper fit and typically are only found in an established, service-oriented business. Just trying to find these necessary aids online is often a time-consuming challenge.
Go with someone you know, Teddy Shoes has the experience and knowledge to make your shoe buying experience smooth and easy .
When purchasing footwear, finding shoes that fit properly is paramount. Considering your comfort and a proper fit, a low price elsewhere is not really so low. What value is a low price (?) if the shoes are improperly fitted. At Teddy Shoes, we are the Dance Experts:
- We know how to measure and check for the proper fit
- We use the proper sales aides to ensure the right size
- We offer a 7-day cash refund policy for unworn products purchased in-store (35 days when returned unworn for website sales).
As always, your complete customer satisfaction is guaranteed. Sharing my thoughts and experience in this blog has been my pleasure.
Comments, feedback and ideas are always welcome. Please feel free to email Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your thoughts!